Thursday, January 30, 2014

Training on a Treadmill

Decided after a number of extremely energetic days, to see if we can try training Tali on the treadmill.  Beck and I had tried this before, unsuccessfully.  She freaked out and kept hopping off.  Freaking out is probably a natural reaction until they realize, oh wait, I can actually walk on this.  It was a matter of getting passed the initial freakout.

Well, today, I barricaded the sides of the treadmill, stood next to her and started it.  Again she freaked out, just like she had done in the past, which was expected.  I just stood by her as she kept trying to hop off and flail her legs in all sorts of directions, Riverdance-style...and after like maybe 25 seconds...she figured it out.  She was still pretty nervous about it, but she realize that she could walk on it. 

I had a couple of sessions with her and she's getting better.  Still nervous, but she's getting more and more used to it.  Hopefully after a couple of days of doing this, she'll actually want to do this as a fun activity. 

Anyways, here's a video of what I think is our third session today.  Each session was only like 2-3 minutes (freakout included).

No comments: